Saturday, January 5, 2013

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes






I have been craving to make homemade Blueberry pancakes and Audrey happens to love (I mean, LOVE!!) Blueberries. So when I saw big juicy Blueberries at my local grocery store, I grabbed 2 pints to make pancakes. I found a recipe that looked tasty from the food network site, so I decided to give it a try. The result was super delicious Blueberry pancakes!!! They were fairly easy to make too! I got about 8 pancakes from the recipe. Looks like I am going to have Blueberry pancake for breakfast for few days :)

Audrey and I enjoyed eating these pancakes very much. I added some fresh Blueberries on the side. Yum!! Definitely better than making pancakes using the boxed pancake mix!

Ok so here is the recipe*:

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes  

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup Blueberries (I use fresh ones)


In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see note.
Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.
Note: Over mixed batter will result in flat, heavy pancakes.
*Original recipe can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she was enjoying them Lita. Hope that the two of you have a healthy and prosperous new year.
dday